A cyber incident is the violation of an explicit or implied security policy. In general, types of activity that are commonly recognized as being in violation of a typical security policy. We encourage you to report any activities that you feel meet the criteria for an incident or phishing attack. Note that our policy is to keep any information specific to your site confidential unless we receive your permission to release that information.
- Attempts to gain unauthorized access to a system or its data
- Unwanted disruption or denial of service
- Unauthorized use of a system for processing or storing data
- Changes to system hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without the owner’s knowledge, instruction, or consent
- Attempt by an individual or group to solicit personal information from unsuspecting users by employing social engineering techniques