Ransomware Joint Advisory
This is a joint cyber security advisory from the Trinidad and Tobago Cyber Security Incident Response Team (TT-CSIRT), Trinidad and Tobago Police Service Cyber and Social Media Unit (TTPS CSMU) and the National Information and Communication Technology Company Limited (iGovTT). This advisory serves to warn all entities within Trinidad and Tobago about increased ransomware attacks in the Latin American and Caribbean region. Entities in the region are being specially targeted by sophisticated threat actors leading to the compromise of both private sector and government entities.
The members of this joint cyber security advisory urge all organizations to adopt a heightened state of awareness and be prepared for potential attacks. Detailed information on how to prepare for and response to ransomware can be found at the following links:
Should your organization fall victim to a ransomware attack, contact the following organizations immediately:
- Online Form
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 1-868-623-5439
- TTPS CSMU
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel 1: 1-868-612-0742
- Tel 2: 1-868-715-2072
- iGovTT (additional for government MDAs)
- Email: iGovTT-Security@gov.tt
- Tel: 1-868-623-5600
How your information is handled:
- Information provided to the TT-CSIRT is protected in the same way we protect our own confidential information: held securely, with limited access.
- Depending on the situation and with your consent, we may share details with the TTPS CSMU to help investigations and identify solutions and mitigation opportunities.
- The information we hold will be anonymized and depicted as aggregate statistics.