TTCSIRT-395.05.14.21 TTCSIRT ADVISORY- MICROSOFT MSRC MAY 2021 SECURITY UPDATES
This release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles.
- .NET Core & Visual Studio
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Accessibility Insights for Web
- Microsoft Bluetooth Driver
- Microsoft Dynamics Finance & Operations
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Graphics Component
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office Access
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Microsoft Office SharePoint
- Microsoft Office Word
- Microsoft Windows Codecs Library
- Microsoft Windows IrDA
- Open Source Software
- Role: Hyper-V
- Skype for Business and Microsoft Lync
- Visual Studio
- Visual Studio Code
- Windows Container Isolation FS Filter Driver
- Windows Container Manager Service
- Windows Cryptographic Services
- Windows CSC Service
- Windows Desktop Bridge
- Windows OLE
- Windows Projected File System FS Filter
- Windows RDP Client
- Windows SMB
- Windows SSDP Service
- Windows WalletService
- Windows Wireless Networking
Kindly note that Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog. For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
Microsoft is improving Windows Release Notes. For more information, please see What’s next for Windows release notes.
A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for more information.
The Trinidad and Tobago Cybersecurity Incident Response Team (TTCSIRT) strongly encourages users and administrators to review and perform the relevant updates.
For further insight, mitigations and workarounds on this advisory please follow the link below: